Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Happy Day......

Arrived home today to find this on the table...oh oh oh my first swap gift ever...
wonder who its from???????



Oh how exciting its from May Britt in Norway hers was one of the first blogs I ever visited & I have been back regularly ever since LOVE IT !!! cant wait to see what is inside....


but I wanted to take my time when I opened it... no rushing for any lovely goodies sent from May Britt....I had people coming over for tea, my niece Dawn & her daughter Caitlyn,so first I had to make tea.. beef rogan josh...


and of course i had to have a cup of tea.....

so tea is nicely cooking.......

by now the excitement was toooooo much so I had to visit here......

unwrapped at last a lovely thread holder.......May Britt couldn't fill the pad with birdsand 'cos of customs & it would of cost too much to post!! so I will do that myself........

look at the lovely gifts....

see how it sits so beautifully next to the machine......

a lovely stitchery......


So a happy happy me grinning away...( photo by miss Caitlyn Brown aged 5)


Thankyou very very much May Britt...it's gorgeous, to think that it started life in Norway & now lives in Australia.....I will think of you when I use it...which will be often.

13 comments:

Helz said...

Quiltygal you derived such..... enjoyment from recieving your Swap Parcel that I sooo.... want to Join A Swap !!! LOL.

May Britt said...

I'm so happy you liked it :) You were very patient not opening it for a long time, I had never been able to wait so long LOL
Enjoy you pincushion (when it is filled with birdsand) and enjoy the stitchery.
Hugs

Kris said...

Lucky thing! I love the photo of you - you look so happy! Aren't 5 year olds amazing? They take better photographs than I ever do.

Linda said...

It's so nice seeing all thise swap parcels finally arriving at their new homes. Please send me a photo once you have it filled so I can add it to the slideshow.

Stina said...

Hurray to you...that was a wonderful swap present from May Britt!!! Ain´t it fun all this sharing...My DH doesn´t get this...he makes fun of me all time I get someting really nice...take photos of it.. in all unwrapping scenes...but I LOVE it!!! :o)... Men!!

OzRose said...

You were good preparing tea!!! I would of let them starve :))) LOL
Lovely gifts tho, I must say. I guess I know what you might be doing on Snobs and Slobs day Friday????

MouseChirpy said...

You've received some very beautiful and thoughtful gifts from May Britt. The internet is truly a fabulous place that it allows us to communicate and make friendships from far far away places with just a click of a mouse. Tell Caitlyn that she took some fabulous pictures too!
Aloha!

Dawn said...

Love the thread holder and the stitchery, they look great. Swaps are so much fun...like christmas.... only on a normal day. Enjoy your week,
Hugs
Dawn x

Jo in Tas said...

Love the fabric she chose, it looks gorgeous. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive and mine still hasn't reached it's destination.
Me thinks the postie needs to pull his foot on the pedal!

Leanne said...

What amazing will power you have I would have had to open it before making tea. It was well worth the wait though.

Sarah said...

Oh Claire aren't you so lucky! You made me laugh with your patient journey to open your present. The longer it takes the more appreciated hey?

Sarah

Jo Jo said...

How lucky are you!! Looks great. Enjoy. Jo x

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Wow! What great presents. They all look fantastic. Great photo of you too.