Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sleep over

7:30pm
Well I am here now ready for my sleepover with Fiona at dragonfly crafts only prob is I dont have my camara youngest has taken it with her she left before I realised she had it... still I have finished my cupcake swap,I can't show it to you anyway ...I am now making a bag for a friend at works birthday...Fiona has scotch & coke I've only got the coke...stitching might get wonky with too much alcohol!!! LOL...she has DVD's on her laptop I'm watching the footy....so hope everyone is having a good time see you all a bit later on...


8:10
Couldn't resist this material today in Spotlight it is made in Japan not my usual choice but I do have a plan for it....


10:15
Well apart from not being able to take pics I've had quite a productive night...I've finished the bag..very pleased with it as I didn't have a pattern just saw one in my local Janome shop when I picked up my machine yesterday...they didnt have a pattern but told me "just cut 16 squares sew them together in rows of 4 stagger them & you'll be able to work out how to sew them together!!!" well I did after a couple of false starts!!! I also used a magnetic clasp for the first time & put a loop in with a clasp thing that you can put your keys on...I also unpicked the hand quilting on my baby quilt as I have decided to machine it ...I was only ditch stitching it so I can do that quicker on the machine ...might actually get it before shes walking!!...so I am now relaxing with a cuppa before snoozing off...Thanks Fiona for throwing this sleepover I think it should be at my place next week ??

5 comments:

anne said...

lucky you watching the footy, here in Sydney they seem to only show the rugby, I am an ex adelaidian and miss watching footy on the tv. What team are you watching, what is the score, hahahahaha

Quirky said...

lol The lid is staying on the bottle until AFTER I've finished sewing and I'm watching Le Tour De France...I value my fingers!

Kerri said...

That material looks great. What a fine. You could do sooo much with it. Have a great night with your blog sleepover

Kitty said...

Ha! Have a great sleepover. I picked my daughter up from one at 9am this morning - she went straight to bed, and I had to wake her up for lunch at 1pm!! They should be renamed stay-awake-overs! x

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Sorry I'm so late with catching up on your blog....
I'm so glad you joined in. Let me just say I only had one scotch as it was so nice it was putting me to sleep and I couldn't afford that. Look forward to some photos later. Love that fabric...