Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bag Swap finish.....




Finished my Bag Swap item hope my recipient likes it used a pattern from an Australian Patchwork & Stitchery magazine & found a fair few errors in fact if it wasn't for a swap item I would of chucked it I had to do a fair bit of "creative sewing" !! to get everthing to fit..
Managed to start the stichery for my Angel Stitchery Swap




I have been taking a machine quilting class at Stitch in Time I am quite pleased with what I learned ...I don't think it will take over hand quilting with me but at least I can get some tops finished :)... on the last night I treated myself to a lovely cup and some ric-rac and ribbon


Only a week now till Whitney leaves I think it is going to go so quickly...

7 comments:

Lilly said...

The bag is beautiful! I am sure whoever receives it will love it.
Your machine quilting looks great. So far all I do is meander. Your Noah's Ark blocks look so nice with the added color. I like the embroider you have done on the stichers angel project. I am going to try to get a picture of mine on my blog tomorrow. TTFN.....Lilly

OzRose said...

What a pity you arent going into full time machine quilting :((( LOL Looks good what you have done :))) I bet Whitney is getting edgy now? The sun is hot and shinning today!!! So she might end up with some nice sun before the winter comes. xx Ausrose

Stina said...

The bag looks wonderful...and the quilting is great...have to start to try anything else but meandering... ;o)

Katy said...

the bag is lovely...but what about the beautiful flower garden you've used as a backdrop?! WOW!!!!

(is Whitney heading over to my side of the World? I hope she's packing plenty of waterproofs and a brolly or 2!!!!)

Leanne said...

I am sure the pattern readers for magazine are asleep most of the time I have had similar problems.....it turned out well in the end......I am feeling for you enjoy the next week.

linéa said...

Such a wonderful bag! I think I have to come over for some lessons.
Big hug

Levin (and Emily) said...

i love that stitchery - did you make up the pattern or did you get it somewhere. is it hard to do????
i think your bag is great.
l
x