Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Airports Ikea & Stash......

Well we all had a really emotional time at the Airport on sunday seeing Whitney off to her new life in Wales, it was very hard to see her go but to hear how happy she sounded to be back with Nathan when she rang us last night made it all worth while, she was so bouncy ... we had a bit of retail therapy afterwards when we went to Ikea ( my first visit) I can't remember much of what I looked at but I did manage to get some material:) I had seen this on other blogs & thought it was so cute...have no idea what I am going to do with it but still its nice to look at....




I went out with my sister today to visit an elderly relative she lives near a material shop so we went for a peek ...well you have to don't you...its an unwritten rule of quilting....treated myself to this lot ... the material at the back is for backing its 250 wide so no piecing yehhh ..the panel at the front I just liked ditto the blue...



Was really happy when I got home to find this little lot waiting for me its a replacement gift for a swap item that went awol...Katy made them for me & her daughter made the pins thanks very much Katy Im using the pouch already....


so quite abusy day ...I am ripping up carpet tomorrow so another busy day ahead ...

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Glad you made it through Sunday....love that hippo fabric.

Lorraine said...

Sunday would have been very emotional I am sure...well done on getting thru it and retail therapy always helps! Glad Whitney made it ok and is happy....I think we only wish happiness for our kids....pity it is so far away tho!!.....I have to go to the airport next week....and have never been to Ikea so will be "killing two birds with one stone" ....am looking forward to the experience!!

gertie said...

Hope you're not feeling too lost without Whitney! Just remember she's only as far away as the phone/ email and what a good excuse to go overseas for a visit. Love the fabrics you bought, especially the quilting bee panel- look forward to seeing what they turn into.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

What great news and I'm glad you got some retail theropy in too.

Lilly said...

What a nice bunch of gifts you received for your swap. And I love the panel you bought. Hope they take a bit of the sting out of your daughters leaving. TTFN..Lilly

Berglind said...

I love the hippos, hope IKEA in Iceland are selling it too. Good to hear your daughter is happy, although gone away from her mother :)