Monday, September 22, 2008

How nice is this ...I have always wanted to make a Churn Dash quilt so have earmarked this book as I quite like the split effect
Edited: ordered this book just after posting, at 11:30 am got an email back at 1:17pm to say it was in the post already thats what I call service should have it by friday!! I ordered it from http://www.ozquilts.com.au so please go check them out service like that deserves being acknowledged..



A couple of little finds from the op-shop have plans for the jars going to keep my trims in them should look quite pretty....... the bowl will just have a plant ( when I buy one) I managed not to buy any material stuff even though they had 10 items for $2......................




very sad day here today as the father of a very close friend ( Whitneys godmother) died at lunchtime...he was diagnosed with cancer about 10 weeks ago so it has all been very quick..so instead of a sewing day on fri I will be at a funeral..so sad for the family...




a picture of Whitney & Nathan after she had climbed "a mountain" & walked miles around waterfalls near their house lovely countryside... don't they both look so happy?

3 comments:

Katy said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

Whitney does look very happy - so would I be with all that gorgeous water around me! And blue skies too - are you SURE she came over here?

ps thank you soooooooooooooo much for my surprise parcel!

Kitty said...

Sorry to hear about your friend - so sad :-(

I didn't know that was called a Churn Dash pattern. I've seen the pattern, of course, but didn't know it was called that. Can't wait to see your version! x

Leanne said...

Good to see Whitney happy in her new home.