Saturday, September 27, 2008

Painting,Sewing & Footy

So what do you do when your husband wants to prepare your sewing room for painting which will take two weekends & you really really want to still be able to sew????
Well I just moved the sewing table into the lounge room ....it can stay there for the week added bonus was I could sew while watching the Footy final...good match & congrats to Hawthorn on a fantastic win....




I managed to whip up this bag didn't take long at all....got the pattern from the magazine that Veronica sent with the bag from Lindas bag swap...my sister has also made one very easy ...









I am doing a different job for the week in the office at work which means I finish at 11:30am so should manage to get a bit of sewing done....hoping to get most of my Angel Stitchery organised I have finished all the stitching part.....just have to decide what I will make with them....hope you dont mind Berglind I pinched the pic of the mag from your blog ...Berglind made some crayon rolls from the same magazine go check them out....

8 comments:

Frogdancer said...

Lovely bag!

linéa said...

Hi!
Lovely bag and a nice place to sew.
I would love a sewing room, but the table in living room have to be ok. Then I can watch tv at the same time. :-). Today I'm painting and sewing curtions. This weekend is moving so fast.
Big hugh

Kitty said...

How can that lovely bag not have taken long? :-O It might not have taken long for you, but for us mere mortals, I bet it'd be at least a day! :-p x

Kerri said...

A stunning looking bag. And I love your new sewing room. Looking good.

Berglind said...

I LOVE the bag Claire, fantastic fabrics, great choice! Maybe I'll make the bag too :)

Berglind said...

Claire, what kind of batting did you use for the bag? It looks so nice and sturdy

Rachael Rabbit said...

I think my husband would loose his cool if I moved my sewing machine into the sitting room. How patient and understand your man is - didn't you get wonky lines when he yelled at the TV during the footie? ;-)

Amy said...

isn't the bag so dang easy? I have already made four of them..the color possibilities are enless. the designer of the purse is www.thehappyzombie.com have a great week, Amy