Saturday, September 13, 2008

Week off over

Well my week off is now officially over as I worked today...but I did manage to achieve quite a bit....I got Whitneys room cleaned out & the carpet ripped up it is now waiting for next weekend to be painted....I also cleaned up my sewing room..... I was looking for some Baltimore blocks I made last year ...didn't find them but did find some others that I had forgotten about they were put away till the applique was done on all of them ....so I pulled them out & decided that the applique was never going to happen & they would just sit there so I am just going to sew them together & quilt it...




I also managed to get the binding on the baby quilt so that is off to its new home...



Yesterday I had a sewing day & it turned into a Tilda day :) I made 3 of her designs 2 bags & 1 box.....I also sewed together a snail & dragonfly which is waiting to be stuffed.





so all in all quite a productive week .....

Edited: Found some two and a half inch squares when tidying up sewing room so last night while listening to the footy I sewed them together got a bit of stash for the borders..... measures twenty inches squre now quite pleased with it will probably use it as a table topper....also have been given an award from Berglind so I have to nominate five other bloggers so as I dont know who already has been given this award I will hand it over to you all please take it if you would like it:)


6 comments:

Levin (and Emily) said...

wow - looks like you've been getting lots done. i love the tilda bags - lovely fabric too.
l
x

Berglind said...

Wow, you've been very busy Claire! I love the Tilda bags, such pretty colors. You can't tell that more applique needs to be done on the quilt, so just finish sewing it together, it's realy pretty :)

Nic said...

You have had a very productive week indeed. The Tilda trio is lovely. I have Sew Pretty and made a dog this week. She turned out pretty cute, i just hope her new mummy can take a good pic. I wouldn't worry about adding more applique...it's definitely better to call it finished then leave it in a box.

Lilly said...

That baby quilt is a work of art. Just beautiful. Like the little 2 inch square also, and you did a great job on the bags. You accomplished a lot in a short time!! I agree with nic about the applique quilt. It looks great without it.
TTFN....Lilly

OzRose said...

Hellooooo BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBFriend in the Wholest Universe!! Missing you too and all the other Snobs and Slobs :(( Only two weeks left before we leave for home. Got another trip away this week and then some days here and there - you will see on the blog as we go on our journey again. Weather not too bad today. Had 3 cousins together today, which has never happened before!! Love the baby quilt and the bags :))) Well done with the work this week - will the painting be done by the time I get home???
Love Ausrose

Leanne said...

OMG... you must have been in over drive.