Monday, November 10, 2008

It was serious stuff sunday.........

you have to be prepared for a whole days craft shopping.....so I started the day with a good breakfast....no need to stop for lunch then......









Then to organise my bag ....money ....glasses.....new notepad....tissues....extra shopping bags......


and most importantly ......comfortable shoes......




Here we are before entering the show

Left to right: Angela,Kay,Lorraine, (non bloggers) me & ausrose....



Behaving ourselves of course..........



I was actually very good this year I usually go around grabbing fat quarters from all over the place and they are still sitting on the shelf years later.....so this year I had a plan .......I wanted to get a Jelly Roll....well I felt I should ....'cos everyone else seems to have one & I don't !!!!& I was going to check out a few jelly roll books ....I decided that the book wasn't going to happen as all the patterns I seem to have in some magazines ....& of course there is always Bonnies page......so I got a Jelly roll but instead of the book I got a stitchery one....lovely patterns good for gifts..







I have been asked to make a baby quilt for another girl at work she said she likes green so I thought that this will work nicely together.....she is only 3 months so don't expect to see anything too soon.....




I love Beatrice Potter so this will go away till any of my grandchildren arrive!!! I can wait.!!! not in any hurry to cut this up.!!!!




This is some Bark cloth I had read about this on the net but didn't know what it was.....the lady had made a bag from it .....very nice ...so I think that is what this is for......




I had emailed Punch with Judy to hold one of these for me....I like using half square triangles so am interested in anything that will make the process quicker....




While browsing their stall I treated myself to this ...hopefully it will make cutting easier for me ....we had a good laugh when I got home...husband was quite intrigued with it.... plonked it onto the ruler & then we couldn't get it off... worked it out after reading the instructions....





So all in all a good day was had by all...good friends in a hall filled with goodies what more can you want......

7 comments:

Katy said...

that sounds like a fab day out!
I am very intrigued by the gypsy gripper (do you think it would work with real gypsies?)

Kerri said...

Bravo. You have your first (of Many) jelly rolls. I love the colours. Looks like a great day out with friends.

linéa said...

Just lovely patterns and fabric!
I just love shopping, not at the grosery shop...
;-)

Tonje said...

Looks like you had a great day out.

OzRose said...

Nice posting there Quilty Gal - looks like you had a good day LOL!! I havent done anything on mine for a while saying I only took pics of the quilts and I am not allowed to put them on the blog :((( Might have to see what tomorrow brings....Quilting day Yehhhhhhh

Rachael Rabbit said...

No emergency supply of chocolate?? With all that excitement my sugar levels would plummet!!

Veronica said...

What fun! I was tickled to see the bag I sent you getting ready to be filled and taken shopping!
To add my 2 cents, the Gypsy Gripper did not work that well for me. Maybe I'm not using it right... Love the jelly roll!