Saturday, December 27, 2008

Confession Time....again...........

I've been a bad bad girl( cue Chris Issak).....I have fallen off the wagon.....its 'cos of this







Now on the yellow ticket items that made 70% 0ff!!!






..........It really wasn't my fault............I have been so good but yesterday I recieved a $50 gift voucher for Spotlight & it seemed rude to not use it !! then someone mentioned that today was SALE TIME at the said store so then ausrose said she was going to go & before I knew it I had arranged to meet her there after work....( I was only working the morning...) so we got there at 12 noon.......& left at 2:30 !!! we had so much stuff that we were number 7 & just as we were getting our purchases put into a bag they called number 7 again!!! .....(for those of you overseas spotlight has a number process to get served they go from 1-45 !! so 45 people were served while we were still going!!!!)


Now I blame Kris 'cos she said she would rugby tackle me to stop me buying more fabric .....WHERE WERE YOU KRIS??????.......the poor girl who served us was meant to finish at 2:00pm we ended up meeting her boyfriend who had come to pick her up!!! very nice lad... we had a nice conversation about music..... we know a lot about them both now....any way below you can see the spoils of my shopping doesn't look much (boy you should see what ausrose brought)

ausrose & I brought the same of the first pic....we thought that some Tilda stuff was calling to us to be made from this













The second pic ( take away the Tilda stuff) is mainly replacing what I used to make bags at Xmas I used all my mushroon fabric up & I wanted to make some bags for myself for veggies & such seeing as plastic bags are taboo from January on....the cream webbing is for the handles on the bags & you just cant go past the ric-rac ...well can you...I mean to say......



so here we are then I feel so much better now I have told you all ....I mean I could of just brought it home & put it away ....you didn't have to know......so now thats it !!!!!!!!!! no more ...I promise......honest......FORGIVE ME ?????

10 comments:

Katy said...

it was christmas, and you did have a voucher, so it would have been very wrong not to sped it, wouldn't it?

linéa said...

Lovely fabric! I completly understand, did some fabric shopping myself today.
I got to have lots of fabric at home, what if the stores run out of it. .
I´m prepared.
:-)

Leanne said...

I'm not sure you can really blame Kris.

creativetreasures said...

You lucky thing to be able to take advantage of Spotlights sale. My Sister-inlaw pick up some beautiful Christmas fabric for me in Adelaide but oh I would have liked to have picked up some fabrics for my 2009 projects. I live 3 hours away.

I will be popping back to see what else you are writing about. :D

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG you are so bad ..........as bad as I would be.....lol........thank goodness Spotlight is 1.5-2hrs drive away and I am sick......although I did think about it for a few minutes before I wrote off the idea.........lol

driftwood said...

oh what a lovely buy! and as you say- it was in the sales..... so it doesn't really count - well that's the excuse I always use anyway!

gertie said...

Nothing to forgive!! You had a voucher, it was on sale, you've just had a special birthday and it was replacing fabric you had used on gifts for others.....no doubt about it, it was totally justified! Happy birthday for last Friday too!

Kris said...

Oh no! It's all my fault! Well, in my defence, I have to say that my husband banned me from spotlight so I couldn't be there. (He knew it would be one quick, token rugby tackle and several hours of shopping.) Glad you had such a good time.

Berglind said...

hahaha, you are FORGIVEN!! Our currency is so weak now the fabrics, when ordering from overseas have gotten 100% up :( - so I love "blog-shopping", that is, shopping via other bloggers :D

Berglind said...

... oh, I forgot... I was rolling on floor laughing when reading about you and your friend at the shop, can only imagine!! hahahhaa