Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I have a confession.........

I feel I know you all in blogland well enough now to admit to a terrible secret....I have an addiction.....I uncontrolably buy material.....I cleaned out my material last weekend & was amazed at just what I had & what I had forgotten I had!! I have packed it all into 6 underbed storage boxes & 2 baskets...I am now on a self induced diet .......








The last pic is of stuff I decided I would never use so I have taken it to my Thursday night stitchery group for them all to pick at!! they are mainly "newies" to craft so have no stashes......I know lots of you out there have more than this but I also haven't gone through my christmas,shirtings,bag makings, op-shop purchases,ufo's,half finished etc etc.... I have refound some stuff that has been used this week for christmas presents so that was a bonus.....but I seriously do not need anymore so I am going public if you see me anywhere with material in my hands rugby tackle me ...lock me up ....save me......

13 comments:

Kitty said...

It's so good to know I'm not the only one with the fabric addiction. But how come yours looks better than mine? Why does other people's stash always look better than one's own?

x

Kris said...

Consider it done (I'm a brilliant rugby tackler!). Of course, I've never met you so I hope I don't get arrested for indiscriminately tackling "Quiltygal looking" women holding fabric! Lol!

Katy said...

you bad bad woman!

linéa said...

And I thought that I had a problem!
:-) Buying material insted of food.
..
But it looks lovely, mmm makes me want to shop for more. :-)
Big hugh

Bev C said...

Oh, it is so much easier to buy material, craft magazines and plants than anything else in this world. I wish my stash was as tidy as this but I keep sorting through it. Oh well, happy days.

Julie said...

Its OK, you are not alone.

OzRose said...

So who would you like teeing up to rugby tackle you then????? hehehheehe

Leanne said...

Oh my god...you should see a professional about this problem.

María Elena said...

Hi Claire, thanks for visit me. I am keeping my fabrics in boxes,too, but it's a slow process.
Regards from Chile.

Sandi said...

What a fun post to read!! I think most of us are a bit addicted to fabric or anything crafty and creative. Your last lines were a serious chuckle!!!

Amy said...

wow, a lot of fabric, but hey if that is the only addiction we have the better, hubby and I both quit smoking last year,, and him drinking 6 months ago... I thank you for the comment, at least someone gets the picture.... your daughters are beautiful..as far as the no buy I am there with you until Thursday there is quilt store going out of biz 60% off sale.. I can pick ya up at DIA if ya wanna go,.. lol... for me this is a business expense.I hope ya like kenny wayne shepherd,,, thanks again , Amy

Rachael Rabbit said...

You know they say it is easier to face an addiction once you have admitted to it ;-)

Berglind said...

haha, I can SO relate to this :) - I LOVE fabrics, touching it, smelling and ironing, folding it back and showing it off!!! So nice of you to give some away to the ones new in the quilting world