Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hot day & good find.......

So I had today off work.....was planning to go up & watch the bikes go through in "The Tour Downunder" but then the weather forecast last night said 37 (97)so I decided it was going to be an "inside sewing watching tennis" kind of day,so with that in mind I hit the shops early & was back inside by 9:00am ........I made another phone case ....this time for my 11yr old niece who got a phone for xmas




I then went in my strip drawer & pulled out some pinky purpley greeny strips sewed them together .....bit of meandering with a verigated thread & volia a quilt for her "Baby Born" which was her other present....... I have,since taking the pic,put a pale pink binding on it looks good .......

While at the shops I went into my friendly neighbourhood newsagents ( I spend a lot of both time & money there) & was really happy to find this copy of Sew Hip magazine



I had seen this in blogland but wasn't expecting to see it here in Aus so I did have a mini-break to read it......I'm very happy I brought it, theres a cute reversible bag might be tempted to try that.....back to work tomorrow but not before watching Rafa Nadal play to night..... might get the binding sewn on while I do.....all in all a good day.......

3 comments:

loulee1 said...

A very productive day.

Kyoko said...

Oh, 37 degrees! I wish I were there!! Currently it is raining in London.. :(
The phone case is cute. I really like the detail you have put in. I have heard lots of good things about current Sew Hip Magazine. I should check it out too! :D Have a great weekend.

linéa said...

A very cute phonecase! :-)
You have one award to pick up in my blog. :-)
Hugh