Friday, February 20, 2009

Another sad post.....

On top of the terrible news of the Victorian fires another one closer to home........... one of my small quilting group lost her house in the early hours of thursday........she has lost just about everything including 30yrs of quilts including an antique one she brought on a trip to America a couple of years ago, also all her stash (she is a collector of Jinny Beyer & Japanese fabric) machine etc etc ....bloggers in Adelaide probably saw it on the news Thursday where, much to her disgust, she was described as being "an elderly woman of 72".......she is only 71 actually & certainly I wouldn't describe her as "elderly" !!!...she unfortunately also lost all the photos of her daughter who died 15yrs ago aged 21...I know this story is being played out to many many families in Victoria & I now have even more sympathy with them than before...............



Her beautiful cat Winston saved her life by waking her up as her bedroom was totally gone...but he was sadly found by the firemen later laying by the front door unburnt but the smoke had killed him.........







The most saddest thing in all this is that the fire was caused by someone by setting fire to her fence with petrol.....this one act has wiped out a lifetime of memories...and I wish I could have just 10 Min's in a room with the person responsible


18 comments:

Ayala Levinger said...

Totally shocked! why would someone do such thing?!?!
take care!

Lorraine said...

I did see that on the news....just can't believe why someone would do that....and sadly even if they catch them it won't bring back her beautiful cat and the photos of her daughter! I will email you...

Kitty said...

That is so horrible :-( To lose all those memories AND her cat - not to mention her home. Just awful. x

Abbybeth said...

I don't even know what to say, to have such a loss ... and that gorgeous hero of a cat. This just breaks my heart.

Is there anything I can do to help? Please stay safe yourself as well!

Abby

Stina said...

Is this true...I cant believe that someone is THIS stupid!!! Sigh... Im shocked...what on earth is it with people!!!

loulee said...

I can't imagine why someone would do such a thing.

linéa said...

So awful, I feel for this woman.
Hope you are well.
Big hugh

gertie said...

What a terrible thing for that poor lady to go through- thank God for a loyal pet who saved her life.

Chookyblue...... said...

what sad news for your friend....and no she is not elderly...just a spring chicken.......so many memories lost but at least she is safe.......

Kelly said...

That is awful, your poor friend. How can people do such senseless, dangerous things. Thank goodness your friend is alive, thanks to her faithful and selfless furry friend. I don't have any Jinny Beyer fabric but if you give me an idea of what other fabric she likes, colours etc I can include some extra stuff in my package to you (sorry, still haven't sent it) for you to pass onto her with my love and sympathy on the loss of her home, stash and faithful friend.
Hugs
Kelly

Andrea said...

How truly sad !

Шnu/\bka said...

Dear far Australian friends!
We heard in news that Australia is captured by fire too! It's so awful! Even more awfully, that it was an arson! And I understand, how is intolerable painfully to the person who has lost this FINE CAT! He is a hero!....
I have the same cat! (it is in mine blog)
Maybe I Can make too something for her?
maybe something handmade...
Tell, if it's possible!
Hugs from Russia.
take care and be strong!
Sveta.

Leanne said...

I heard that on the news...they did not mention the cat did not survive. I don't see the fun in lighting brush fences sadly if they are caught nothing will happen to them.

annayama said...

How terrible. What a brave cat and what a shocking end. I feel for your friend loosing all those treasured memories. What sort of person does that sort of thing?? I am at a loss.

Amy said...

O how sad of someone to do that, thank GOD she had the cat to wake her..I pray for her to haev great friends like you to help her at this time of need.

Kerri said...

Claire. What can anyone say. that is so devastating. I havent seen any news lately. I cant beleive that anyone could be so thoughtless to do something like that. I hope they catch them. Hugs and kisses to your friend.

2ne said...

Some people are not to belive. They are sik doing this! Poor lady, all good thougs goes to her

disa said...

徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿