Monday, February 9, 2009

No title needed...................


Pic: Fires at Yarra Glen...looks as if the sky is on fire......
This country has always been a hard task master but the bush fires that have devastated Victoria have amazed everybody I am hoping & praying that none of our country blogging community has been touched What has shocked me most is the death toll as although we have a few fatalities with fires every season.....I can never remember it being on this scale as I write this the toll has been set at nearly 93 ( edited: as of 8:30am 108) & there are parts that they haven't been able to reach yet....whole townships (villages) have been totally wiped out.....and the irony of all this is that Queensland is flooding !!!!....My prayers are with everyone touched by this ...as hot as it was here last week we were lucky ...no fires for us.....the saddest thing is that most of these fires were deliberately lit..... I just hope that the people responsible find it hard to live with themselves...hug your parents...kiss your children ....say Hi to your neighbours ...please....

2 comments:

linéa said...

Hi Claire!
It,s so awful, poor people living there. I'm glad you are allright.
Big hugh

Kris said...

Hard times. I loved the sewing you have been doing and your melting candles! It must have been so hot in your house! Makes me appreciate that although it's hot at the moment, it's not too bad!