Sunday, June 28, 2009

A BIT OF THIS....

& A BIT OF THAT.....


So I arrived home earlier this week from work to find a parcel waiting for me on the table....inside was a lovely grovelly letter from the very talented & funny Trash...





There were three very pretty apology pictures featuring her Donkey






How cute is this





Awwww....





Inside was this BEAUTIFUL piece of material





Earlier this year Trash & I were teamed up in The International Womens Day Swap well Trash had just realised that we were to swap 4 fat quarters & that she had only sent me 3....not that I had noticed as she had also sent me some great trim ...so she had sent this to make it up to me....How nice was that....... I think I might frame the Donkeys & put them up on my wall then in years to come when she is famous (well more than she is now) I can sell them for an humungous amount of money....:)



My nephew Darren lives with his wife Nadine & their three children Tayla,Matthew & Connor in a place called Roxby Downs about 6hrs drive away...for non Aussies this is a large mining town... so we dont get to see them that often....they were down this week as Matthew has to see an Orthodontist... my sister Glenice has always encouraged Tayla with sewing,she has done some stitcheries, so this week while she had her for the day they made a block, my sister did the cutting & Tayla did all the sewing on the machine & will buttonhole the heart, I think she did an excellent job & as you can see she looks very proud



Tayla and her Nanny







Tayla with her block





Well I have a heap more pics but I'll save them for later ...I have actually done some sewing this week..!!!

6 comments:

Katy said...

how great - I do love a bit of unexpected mail!!!

Nice work Tayla too - do you think she could give me some lessons? ;)

loulee said...

A very talented young lady.
Love that mail. :-)

trashalou said...

Glad you liked it :-) I shouldn;t hold my breath waiting to get rich and fanous off those Donkey pictures if I were you!! ;-)

Chookyblue...... said...

it is fantastic to see the kids sewing.......and they enjoy it so much............

Kris said...

What a lovely lot of sharing this post had! (I think you should get the donkeys framed, even if Trash doesn't think they'll be worth much, cause they are cute as!) Well done Tayla!

Leanne said...

That Trashy's a hoot and well done Tayla.