Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I came home last week to a lovely surprise....Mai in Japan had sent me some lucious goodies.....I had sent her a copy of Sew Hip magazine as she was saying on her blog that she was in it but could not get one in Japan....well that was great except I didnt think that we here in Australia are a wee bit behind ...two issues as it turns out !! still I was still quite happy to send it to her & will also send her the proper issue :)....Mai makes the most gorgeous things and all by hand including clothing!! she is very prolific and always has something new to show she has just posted about the most fantastic bags with little people hanging from them go look for yourselves.....Anyway in the parcel was the most fantastic book ....I love Japanese craft books even if I dont always understand them !! this one is all patchwork which judging by the pics they all do by hand!!





Look at these gorgeous materials they are from Mais mother and are Kimono fabrics I cant wait to use these.....


and of course these bags took my eye straight away !!!





She also included a bead of a dog which is for good fortune...so Kayla made it into "Phone bling" for me.....


and this beautifully made pouch all hand sewn ...just for me....you should see the side seams the most beautiful neat hand stitching ( I think ladder stitch)and buttonhole all around the edges.....I am going to find something special to keep in this


There were also two REALLY SMALL origami boxes which I neglected to take a pic of so will rectify that later.....so MAI thankyou so much it is all so beautiful and now I am off to make one of the bags......

4 comments:

Kris said...

Lucky you! How gorgeous is that zippy, curvy, swirly bag? (Good description, huh? You so know which one I mean!) Hope you are having a fun week!

Leanne said...

They are just fantastic books so many ideas. Like you said they seem to do so much hand sewing. I checked out Mai's site love the little dolls.

Dawn said...

Wow lucky you! I must admit I am not patient enough to hand sew everything and not use my sewing machine though... I will have a visit of Mai's blog for inspiration.
Hugs to you,
Dawn

mairuru said...

Hello,
Thank you very much for this post!
Enjoy making something with the book!
And thank you very much again for your kindness.
Mai * v *