Sunday, July 26, 2009

Forgive me bloggers........

.......for it has been 23 days since my last confession...I mean post.....haven't got much of an excuse except work....it's been very busy ...I did 86hrs in 12 days...so when I have been home I've been sleeping!!...but today I only did 5hrs so after a quick trip to Spotlight where I managed to get some white homespun and a couple of other lovelies....







I came home and after some lunch I cut & sewed the binding for the baby quilt...I thought I had finished quilting it but on closer inspection I think it needs some in the border so will get that done this week......





then between cooking a roast for tea & watching two very good footy matches I made these cushion covers....


...


Just using some odd fat quarters that I had hanging around !!odd leftovers for the back & some thrifted zips....really enjoyed it didn't have to think much so it was very relaxing..





next up is a pouch for my sewing stuff ( embroidery squares etc) that I made a couple of weeks ago & a little bag (for the needles & thread )that came from the Japanese book that Mai sent me...





so all up a good day love it when I manage to get some sewing time in... have a great week everyone & happy sewing.....

8 comments:

loulee said...

Thanks for sharing, love the little baggies.

Chookyblue...... said...

you may have been busy at work but my goodness you got some stuff done when you got a chance.......

Kris said...

You are so productive! Gorgeous things you created (love the bags). I have had a similar hiccup with blog posts this month, maybe it's something in the air! Finally posted myself tonight.

linéa said...

Hi, so cute bags and nice fabric too. My summer holiday have included the blogging as well. :-)
And my computer died (so sad) missing my old friend. Have a new one now, hope we get a long.
Hugh

ausrose.blogspot.com said...

You slack tart!! Fancy .... 23 days!!! you dont find me leaving it that long between blogs!!! LOL
See you tomorrow.
Hugs

Berglind said...

Wow Claire, you sure use your spare time well!! Love the cushions, hope the footie game went the way you wanted :)

Kris said...

Had to come visit Claire to tell you just how funny I thought your comment on Leanne's "stitching room" was. (Brad Pitt) Have a great weekend!

Leanne said...

Great finishes there. I like your little bags. I'm still chuckling about your comment.