Friday, July 3, 2009

Well I said last post that I would show you the sewing I did last week .....




First up is my "Almost Baltimore"


Almost because the other members of my group all did 9 blocks 'cept me I did 5 mainly 'cos I wanted it done in this lifetime !!! plus the other blocks leave plenty of space for handquilting...:)










Next I put together some applique blocks that I completed in 2007
They are from Kim Diehls book " Simple Blessings ".....





Close up of one of the blocks..





When we went to Carrickalinga we went to Kirkbride Quilts in Strathalbyn...where I added to my stash of Kansas Troubles material...I have been collecting it over quite a few years I like the fact that each collection is a different pattern but the same colours so it all goes together I brought 2 charm packs of Vine Creek which I made into a disappearing nine-patch





I have meterage of Seeds of Time...Meadow Waltz...& Aunt Purdys Parlour..so will use one for a border






I also made myself a pinboard












Today was my day off...so I made the most of it ...I have sandwiched the baby quilt so I can get on with quilting it..


I tidied my shelves in the sewing room




and I lined a wicker basket so I can store my wool in it without it catching...plus it looks cute.



So tea is cooking...Dahl & rice....its raining & freezing outside so its pj's on ....heater on...stitching & tv tonight...hope you all have a great weekend


Happy Stitching

9 comments:

May Britt said...

Why did you have to remind me of my Kim Diehl blocks laying somewhere in my sewingroom LOL LOL

Chookyblue...... said...

your applique blocks look great.........

loulee said...

Well thats all very productive.

Your blocks look lovely.

Lorraine said...

you have been busy!!! I have even done some stitching today...but can't show it yet...it's a secret!! LOL.....

OzRose said...

WWWWWOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOO to the almost Baltimore!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!! lol

Andrea said...

Wow - what lovely, lovely stuff. So many nice projects - who's been a busy girl ? lol..

linéa said...

Just love your quilts! And that sewing room, ah It's just great!
I want too...
:-)

Littlelou said...

Like your blog...love all your crafts but MOST MOST MOST of all...I adore your dog. I have a JRT myself

Miriam said...

I love all your applique blocks!!!

What a great idea to leave blank areas for lots of quilting. I look forward to seeing it finished.

A great blog!