Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Finish.....





At last after a minor disaster (which could of been major) the baby quilt is ready to go to its new home...






The minor disaster was that when I washed it the colour ran ....not from the material..from the embroidery thread ...it wasn't major 'cos I just sprayed the whole quilt with pre-wash & chucked it back into the machine...was so glad when it all came out didn't fancy making another one...but I was very glad that it happened when I washed it not the new mum !!




I used this very cute Ladybird material on the back .......







so after that I got a move on with my Stitchery Angel stuff...all 4 items now made ready to post off...heres a sneak pic







So now to get on with my SSCS item.......

3 comments:

loulee said...

What an adorable quilt. I love the backing too, too cute.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely quilt that goodness the colour came out.........what threads were you using - bit of a concern I would never think of the thread running........

goodluck with your work on the SSCS

linéa said...

Such nice things as always. That ladybug material oh very cute.
:-)