Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend News....

Well it was our Quilty weekend away at Carrickalinga ...I think we were all ready for a break.....we left Thursday morning about 10am & drove to Trishas at Castle plaza I was going to be good but she had some Kansas Troubles fabric which was cheap at $16 a metre....& as she is moving & had a sale I got 6 metres for the price of 4 .....I will add this to my collection I really need to think of a great project for this will have to go through my magazine/pattern collection and have a looksee...









we then went to an Irish pub for lunch before heading off to the house where pj's were donned and stitching commenced


I took a few projects with me & managed to complete all of them..I took my SSCS item to put the finishing touches to & this is now winging its way to its new home I was really pleased with it & all the girls liked it but you will have to wait till Xmas to see it..




I took a packet of paper hexagons with me & managed to cover all but 16 of them






I also took along a stitchery that has been waiting around for a while...
managed to do this in one day





and last but not least I did a little wall hanging its from a pattern by Kim Diehl......this worked up really quickly





So came back really relaxed but now its back to reality tomorrow as work is awaiting me.....sigh.....

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

sounds like a fun (and very productive!) weekend.....with a little retail therapy as well!!! Can't get much better than that!

linéa said...

Wow, what a creative weekend. Hope everything is well.
Hugh
L
:-)

Anne Heidi said...

Wow, you sure got a lot done- sounds like you had a great time! Love your Kim Diehl applique!

Chookyblue...... said...

sounds like a great time together........sewing what more is better then that........love the fabrics you brought..........

Leanne said...

Those little fingers must have been in hyper drive. A least the weather was kind to you.