Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Baby Quilt update....

But First....




I promised in the last post to show my Xmas pressie to myself :)




How yummy is this and my pics just dont do it justice....




More Pink & Chocolate....by Nancy Gere for Windham Fabrics












Ordered from the Fat quarter Shop while they had 30% off postage so all in all it worked out costing me $90aus & thats 33 fat quarters there... very cheap




Ive already ear marked a couple of patterns for this ..ummm cant wait but I have a couple of things to finish before I let myself loose on it..




I also treated myself to this






I plan to teach myself a few more stitches this year....









So I did quite well over the weekend on the baby quilt ,this is where it was at this morning


not sure why it looks as if there are ants crawling all over it!!! they are actually flowers!!







I am now putting on the borders...so hope to have it finished tomorrow...




I was thinking of another pieced border but think I will let well alone...its a good size already and I quite like it as is....




on a more sombre note ....some prayers and good thoughts would be very much appreciated for Valerie (ausrose) and her family as they spend time with her very ill mother..at a time like this I know that any positive vibes will be very comforting....

5 comments:

Katy said...

what a lovely christmas present to yourself! It's always good to buy fabric!

I did think those were little ladybirds on the quilt, which has got me all over excited. Can you just pretend they're ladybirds for me? It's a stunning quilt, your points are perfection!!!!

Send my good thoughts to Valerie :(

linéa said...

Such a nice gift! Looks absolutely jummy. Love the baby quilt aswell, so cute.

OzRose said...

Love the quilt Claire, it is beautiful as usual!!
Hugs

bethstrand said...

How fun, I love your colors...pink is my favorite!

Leanne said...

Cute baby quilt I am working on one at the moment. Hugs to you I know you are sad over Val's mum.