Friday, January 29, 2010

Late Xmas....

We had a bit of a late Xmas get together here today when my nephew & his family called in


they live a fair way away from us & as he was working Xmas this is the first time they have been down so it was present time....


First up was Taylas present I made her a knitting needle roll. I also put some of her Great grandmas ( my mums) needles in there...


my mum was a fantastic knitter & I am not (nuff said!!) so my sister & I thought it was a good idea to give them to Tayla I also brought her an assortment of wool..





Tayla asked if I could cast on for her as she hasn't learnt that yet...her Nana showed her how to knit on a visit here last year & this year a lady at her after school care has been helping her....so I did (I can manage that!!) & by the time they left she had done quite a few rows.





Next up was Matthews I made him a boxy pouch ....a rather large one!!





He said as they were leaving "I like my bag... its real trendy"...phew...all the agonising over fabric choice paid off ...I had some lovely Kokka fabrics but decided against it as I thought it would be too babyish for him ..so went with denim...


Although he had to have some polka dots..






Next up was Connor who is 5 so I could use some of the Kokka fabric for him.....
Dinosaurs on black....with a dark green polka dot for the back & lining....
They all got some small pressies as well & of course lollies!!








I has a rather strange request from Kayla last week...well I didn't think it was strange as I live with her!!!



She was going to a dress up night at her favourite club it was 'TWILIGHT VERSUS some other vampire show that I cant remember!!' so 30 Min's before she left she asked can you make me a cape !!!




a piece of black homespun & some timetex later she flew off






She got a taxi as she didn't think she should go on the bus!!!!





So if you are still with me after all those pics !! :)


I was on a BLOG the other day where she showed a vintage machine her husband has brought her..... so I thought we should have a ....


"Show your Machines"


...post off so here I go with my first one a Jones hand crank brought for me by a friend at a Car swap meet for $14 aus the seller wanted $20 but he beat them down as it didn't have a case....






Well that's all for tonight ...Back to the Tennis & some Happy Hooking...of the woolen kind.....

2 comments:

Nines said...

She's a beauty. I don't have any hand crank ones. But I do have 11 other machines. I guess my collection leans toward vintage. Enjoyed browsing your blog. Happy sewing!

linéa said...

Such great gifts! I'm sure they all are very happy. Cute machine, I only have one now. Hardly have space for my fabric collection. :-)
Wish you a great week.