Saturday, May 29, 2010

Its time.....

To tame my strip stash


I had an enforced day off last sunday after hurting my back at work...


I was most comfortable standing so I turned on the iron & stood & pressed all the strips in my stash drawers







I was amazed at what I found..I think I have enough for quite a few quilts


I also found some strips already sewn together so they have been cut into 2 patches & will be made into 4 patches in a leader & Ender project...( thanks Bonnie :))


plus some larger pieces that have been cut into 2.5 inch strips...






(pssst see under the desk that basket is next !!)


I have also got my "Bread & Butter" blocks put together thay are just awaiting a chocolate brown border....


I am really pleased with it...


even though I put them together wrong so the border will be different from the pattern...!!








Thursday night saw Ausrose & I at Spotlight for their Quilters Market night....


We took a Quilt each & Ausrose won for her fantastic Hexagon quilt..









Theres a lovely story behind this quilt...


Valeries mum passed away in Feb & Valerie took all her mums purple stash & made this quilt with it...


she quilted it with the pattern which arrived a few days after her death, a flowery design called Florence which was her mums name...


it was a pattern club Valerie is in which comes once a month but she has no idea what is arriving so this was very symbolic.










I'm sure you will agree that this is a beautiful quilt & a wonderful memorial to her mum it is hand pieced & machine quilted ....


oh & by the way her Dad cut out all the paper Hexagons for her!!


Please go over to Ausroses blog & congratulate her...

2 comments:

Kona Bay Fabrics Blog said...

Aloha-

Thanks for blogging about your Quilt Market activities!

As a vendor at Quilt Market, I do not always get out and look at all the beautiful booths so thanks for sharing!!

That's pretty cool you let your readers know what went on!!


Douglas Eagleson
President, Kona Bay Fabrics

http://www.konabay.com

OzRose said...

You have been busy!!!
Thanks for the lovely words about my quilt xx