Monday, May 17, 2010

A Stitchy weekend

We had our twice yearly weekend away at Carrickalinga ....although this time we were down to only three of us but this meant that I could take my machine so I decided to take my "More Pink & Chocolate" collection & make as many blocks as I could

Making the first cut ...was so hard ..Ive been looking at this material since January when I got it but kept putting off using it ...quite silly really...





I decided to make the quilt

"Bread & Butter'

its a free pattern from Red rooster fabrics...

I first saw it on MayBritts blog ....




Quilt blocks laid out this was Friday & Saturdays lot

...I made 14 all up


Spot the mistake...

cut the material for one block wrong

but didnt realise till Id sewn it

so I will either put this in the middle

or make a cushion with it..


.



Mind you I didnt read all the instructions before I started

so I sewed the large tri-angles onto the blocks

instead of sewing them together as a block!!

so that makes doing the border a bit hard...

I think Ive decided to lay them out differently

so today I cut out four more

so I can have a Layout of 4x4


This is a picture of Vals Christmas table cloth

which she finished off on Saturday





And this a her MASSIVE quilt which she is hand quilting




Close up of one of the blocks

it is all hand appliqued by needleturn



Its actually the second one she has quilted of this as she made it with a friend who got sick & could not finish it

she put hers all together,hand quilted it

& gave it to the ladies daughter after she passed away

So now we are back to reality

washing,housework & a new hot water system installed today

I am now off to the shops to get some food in !!

Might get some sewing in later this afternoon...

back to work tomorrow...

Oh & I have quite a bit of the material left over

not much lights but plenty of medium & dark

so I have decided to do a sisters choice pattern

with some plain cream as the background

so thats the next one on the drawing board!!

4 comments:

May Britt said...

Your Bread and Butter quilt will be wonderfull. I enjoyed sewing mine, now I just have to quilt it :)

Kris said...

Fantastic weekend! I love your lego camera too!

OzRose said...

LOL!!! You busy little bee:))) Was a great weekend as usual - thanks xx

linéa said...

What a great weekend! Lovely things you made all of you.
Hugs from
the "blurry" girl in Sweden :-)