Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Couple of Tops.....


Managed to get some sewing time this week so I put together some
Churn Dash blocks that I made last year!!
as I am still on my no buy diet* ( cough cough!!)
I had to use what I had so the joining blocks were some end of bolt bargains brought in the Spotlight sale last year at $1 a metre as backing!!....
I wasn't too sure when I made the blocks and even while I was sewing them together
but now it's finished I love it...
if I could of brought material it would of been a lot more "safer"
& lets face it probably a lot more boring !!














Next up is a lap size Snowball

made with some

Kansas Troubles Charm Squares





Lastly a table runner just made from stash....

not sure if it needs a border...

what do you think???






This star is my next project ...

Sisters Choice

this was a trial block....







I obviously need to measure the nine patch

before making the star points!!!!.....


Well its a long weekend here....

I worked this morning & I'm working tomorrow evening & Monday....

so it looks as if I'll have to grab some sewing time tomorrow ....

might have to see if I can get that Sisters Choice block right...

Have a great weekend everyone & Happy Sewing




* I broke the no buy rule today

when I was at Spotlight & saw Jo Morten on sale

got it for $10 a metre

Whats a girl to do??


7 comments:

Ayala Levinger said...

Wow the first one is amazing!
It happens to me also that while making something I am not sure but I have already learned that sometimes you only see how beautiful it is when you finish the whole picture.
The others are also lovely and the star is gorgeous, can't wait to see the whole top..

Chookyblue...... said...

your quilt tops look great..........

Kris said...

I love those tops! Especially the first one. Hope you find some more sewing time. (I'm impressed with the no buy thing - even with you breaking it!)

OzRose said...

Love the quilts Claire, and for more reasons than one:)))
See you soon
Hugs

loulee said...

I love the blue one!! Yummy.

Indigo Blue said...

Hi,
Did my parcel arrive ok?
x

linéa said...

Oh my.. you do work hard girl. Lovely quilts! Making a baby quilt now? For the adorable Wales baby. I'm finally finished that handbag :-). Perhaps I start something new this weekend...