Friday, June 18, 2010

This weeks effort....



...I had some sewing time this week so I got on with my Sisters Choice Stars....
I didn't want a large quilt so only used 9 of them...
plus not all the nine patches turned out the same size !!! so I had to be selective..
then after I made the stars they weren't all the same size either !!
so I just put a border around them & squared them up to 10.5 inches...
I used the same material as the Churn Dash
for the plain squares & setting triangles
thats all just about gone now...
so "The Stash" is being reduced by leaps & bounds...
I think that this one will certainly have a border
Will have to dive into the stash & see what I have...









I also managed to put together some Basket blocks.....

but they need a couple of borders....

so I will save a picture of that till later...

So hope everyone has a good weekend...

with plenty of sewing time....

3 comments:

ria vogelzang said...

What a beauty of a quilt this turns out be!!!
Love the little borders around the stars also! A real find!!
Have a lovely weekend yourself!
Greetz!

Tazzie said...

Ohhh, I am just loving those stars. Sisters Choice blocks are among my favourites - I'm almost ashamed of how many quilts I've used them in. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

LuAnn said...

Love your blocks, and I really want to make the quilt in the June 12 post. I love the way you have used color. I may have to make one of those.