Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Pleasant Day



Spent in my sewing room ...
after the usual boring stuff like washing floors etc
I've managed to have 4 hrs sewing....
I made some blocks last week for another baby quilt
So got them sewed together
this one is coming to the UK with me for a little girl due any day now...






I made 10 blocks

so I put some extra rows on the leftover one....

quilted it & will get some binding on it next week

& give it to the Birthing Unit a work...





....along with this one that I made last week

from some left over jelly roll strips that a friend gave me

it made a 24 inch quilt once I added a border...











how cute are these fabrics ...

sorry I have no idea what they are!!





A close up of the backing material...

I mean seriously how dam cute is that??...





So the rest of the afternoon will be spent in front of the fire & tele

watching the Crows win the Showdown (hehe)

( for you overseas people our 2 local Australian rules football teams play each other today)

while I finish sewing down the binding on the Churn Dash Quilt......








..... & then some hooking action


Hope you all have a good week & happy stitching

QUILTYGAL

3 comments:

OzRose said...

Love the work :)
Fabric is called "Love U" by Deb Strain for Moda!

Khris said...

I was just going to say the same what Val has just told you...Love U by Deb Strain...lol...I have some of these fabrics too and think they are just soooo cute...hugs Khris

LuAnn said...

I love all of your baby quilts. I wonder if they are the same as we donate here to our Preemie Unit. We make ours about the same size and usually just put flannel on the back without batting so they aren't too heavy for the tiny babies. The fabrics are cute, too.