Monday, December 13, 2010

Whats been happening in my world....

well a bit of a hiatus here as work took over for a bit ....but I had a three day weekend and boy was it busy but lovely


Friday was our quilty get together so a whole day of sewing and chatting and eating what more could you want


Saturday we had a small bloggers get together with Kris, Shay & Valerie at my house again a lovely day of sewing (except Kris who supervised LOL) chatting and eating....in fact we were so busy doing all of this that no one took any pics to use maybe next time....


Sunday was our quilty Xmas lunch we went to a local garden centre that has a super resturant so a good time was had by all....


Sunday before I left I decided that as the Kim Diehl that I'm quilting is nearly finished I would start something else....
regular readers here will know that I love Kansas Troubles material...
I have collected it for quite a few years ....
I had a jelly roll of Wildflower Serenade I used the green/brown strips in a log cabin quilt and was left with the blue/black ones....
so I married them up with some neutral yardage that I cut some strips from
and broke out the Thangles.....





Love my Thangles....
I managed to do one trial block before I left to eat and sewed some more when I got home








Today was my half day so when I got home (after getting tea on and washing ) I sat at the machine and managed to get some more done





Love the way these are working out thinking of putting them on pointe but will see what happens when they are done





So is everyone ready for Christmas??

I am not ....I'm working Christmas day but have the Eve off

and also my birthday on the 26th

so hoping for a quiet time with some stitchy stuff happening


I have just ordered my birthday present from hubby LOL

he's buying me another Kim Diehl book Simple Graces....


So hope you all have a great week with lots of crafting

Till next time

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

I brought my camera too and was so busy eating , and taking and stitching I forgot to use it!

It was a lovely afternoon - thank you so much for playing host.

Kris said...

Oh great! Just tell everyone that I did nothing Claire. Thank you!

Lol! Actually, anyone who knows me in real life would not be surprised. In fact, there is probably a group of people somewhere betting on just such an outcome. (I believe that's called a sure thing.) I did have a great time though. I'm just a little shy. Maybe next time we hang out I'll be brave enough to sew in front of you.

Leanne said...

You have been busy sounds like you had a nice get together. I have never heard of a Thangle but I am impressed with them. The blocks are looking good.

Lorraine said...

Kris....shy??? LOLOLOL....I am not the least bit surprised you didn't do any stitching..."supervised"...I like that.....I was busy organising stuff for the Festival of Loz...we gals with birthdays near Christmas have to go all out to ensure our birthdays are celebrated in the fashion they should be....no stitching here...the sewing room was the bedroom for family over the weekend....I might manage to get in there on the weekend...but then again...I might not....love your new project...I am a Kim Diehl fan as well....since the Prince is no longer in residence the Princess has had to organise her own presents this year....bad news is she also has to pay for them..LOL - I will let you know if the cold porridge and prunes are called for....LOLOLOL