Sunday, January 30, 2011

My First Finish for 2011...

Wasn't what I expected...


Baby Quilt for a Grantham FAmily who have lost everything in the floods including their youngest child and are expecting a new baby in a few weeks...


I cannot imagine for one moment how they must be feeling . I hope this Quilt can bring a small smile to their faces...





Close Up





The back is an Alexander Henry material that I have been hanging onto for a few years I thought that it was perfect for this...


6 comments:

Shay said...

It' gorgeous! Just perfect. I adore the quilting. It's a wonderful first finish .

loulee said...

What a beautiful quilt. I can't think of a better cause for a first finish.

Katy said...

Lost a child as well as their home? How awful. Just the thought of it makes my stomach tighten. The quilt is lovely, I'm sure it will be a welcome gift.

char said...

What a wonderful gift from your heart. I hope you were not in the way of this latest storm. Wishing you all the best.

Leanne said...

What a wonderful quilt. I'm not sure I could go on in their circumstances.

Angie said...

Such happy fabrics! I love it!