Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I've been a bit slack.......!!!!

The blog has been ignored a bit this past month..


But I have been busy


I had a friend from England visit so we were out & about ...


It was quite interesting as I have lived here 31 yrs
but it took someone from another country staying with me
to get me to some places near here
that I have never been before....


Places that I will certainly go back to again


But there has been some crafty stuff happening..


The latest baby quilt waiting for its super stripey binding
I used a fancy stitch from my machine to quilt this one & it was so easy ...
I really like the wavy look as well....





Next is my hand work project at the moment


Gathering Garden by Kim Diehl...

as frequent readers will know

I LOVE LOVE LOVE !! Kim's designs

this is one which was in the Homespun Yearbook no:92

I think it's still available I brought it in January


7 & a half leaves to go then heaps of berries

...not sure what border I will do on this

as the one in the pattern will make it too big

to fit where I want to hang it..





I also recieved a veru exciting parcel last month...
The Oz Material Girls shop held a Facebook auction

to raise money for the Queensland Premiers Flood fund...

I bid on Gail Pan's new BOM set "Berries & Bluebirds"
It's absolutly gorgeous &

when I finish the Gathering Gardens applique this will be next...






Gail also very kindly sent me the little bag

I shall keep the applique blocks in this..



I also recieved this quilt back from my

Longarm Quilter






I am so happy with the work on this
Val has taken some of the applique designs
& used them as patterns for the quilting


& last but not least another Kim Diehl design
"Country Whig Rose"
from her book
"Simple Blessings"










I hand quilted this in a half cross hatch design






So thats about all the news from this place ..
Well I am off to make more binding & get some of these works finished...
Have a great week everyone & Happy stitching !!




7 comments:

OzRose said...

Busy little bee this month!!
All look abfab to say the least:)

Shay said...

You HAVE been busy. I knew you'd be off doing all manner of crafty things when you didnt show up here for a while!

Love the latest baby quilt - it's gorgeous !In fact - it's all wonderful.

alex said...

nice and beautiful..

Edina MN Realty
Tapshop321
Carrollton Dentist
Sitka Alaska Fishing Trips
House Cleaning RI

naruto cosplay said...

Lovely thoughts

Leanne said...

I think you have been busy not slack.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Gorgeous! Love your quilting too!

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

BTW!!! Congrats on winning! I'll make Gail's BOM too very soon, and cannot wait to get to buy the fabrics I'll use for it!
Have a great weekend,
Laila