Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sad but needed


&


Today I made these little pouches for the Birthing Unit at work.....


They are for the early losses that unfortunately occur.....


I had been looking for a while for a suitable pattern


but they were all a bit "Funereal" for my taste....


Then I saw a post on just what I wanted by the very talented Jacquie


Jacquie had been asked to make some and this is her pattern


which she kindly shared with me....


A close up of some of the material I used


I also cut out the rest of the leaves for my "Gathering Garden"....





Back to work tomorrow




Hope you are having a good week

6 comments:

clare's craftroom said...

You are right so sad but needed , I love the fabrics you chose .

Amy said...

It is very nice of you to make these for the mothers.very nice fabrics

shiela said...

You are such a wonderful girl.xxxx

Shay said...

You're a treasure Claire. The pouches are lovely and although they are for a sad reason Im sure they bring comfort to the parents.

Beginning Quilting said...

Reading blog post like this one makes me smile all the time. It's very sweet of you to made all of these for all the mothers. I think you did an amazing job with the pouches. All the best to you and keep up the good work! :)

Leanne said...

I am sure they bring comfort. They are much more personal than hospital linen. Your a good egg.