Thursday, May 5, 2011

I'm Back

Well again life got in the way




but I have at least got some stitching done over the last few weeks..



I had a lovely Easter break
I was meant to work the weekend


but decided to take it off
Ausrose & I went to the Barossa Valley on the Sat morning



to visit with the lovely



Granny Loz & her beautiful sidekick Rose...

We had a trip out to a local Craft Fair


I managed to find a lady selling fabric


& she had some Kansas Troubles


so a few fat quarters came home to live with their relatives


in my KT basket where they have fitted in so well


& are quite at home awaiting my next KT project...

After returning to Chez Loz

we got down to some serious stitching




We went to a show in the evening at a local winery great show good company

Before taking off for the weekend


I made an Easter present for my Great Niece


we take it easy on the chocolate


so I made a paper mache nest with a couple of birds

They were sitting on some little chokky eggs





I have also finally finished my "Gathering Garden" by Kim Diehl
It's now waiting to be sandwiched & quilted..





Plus 3 Dresden plates are now appliqued with 6 to go...






Ausrose & I are off for a stitching day tomorrow with the very talented


Tazzie

It will be our first "real life" get together

Funny how you can "know" someone when you have never ever met them !!


I can't wait
I am sure we are going to have a great time

Hope everyone has a good weekend

I'll be working but hoping to get some stitching done.....














8 comments:

Kris said...

Beautiful stitching Claire! Have fun tomorrow!

Tazzie said...

You'll be here in less than 12 hours! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow morning!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Shay said...

Fantastic projects there Claire. Those Dresden's are coming along nicely.

Have fun at your get together!

Lorraine said...

Welcome back....thought you might have been hibernating in my sewing room and i hadn't found you yet! LOL....had a great time with you and Val - Rose is still talking about it! :) Love the backing you have chosen for the Dresden Plates...and the Kim Diehl quilt top is fantastic..How is the CW quilt coming along...LOL have a great day with Tazzie tomorrow - gotta love a stitching day!

Leanne said...

Welcome back and some very nice stitching.

Lola Nova said...

What gorgeous stitching!

Erica said...

Beautiful stitching! Have fun!

Silver MLM

Betweens said...

Gorgeous Kim Diehl!! I can see by your fabrics that you are a wonderful quilter with Kim Diehl designs