Wednesday, July 13, 2011

BIG SIGH....

So on Saturday it will be a month since I have touched my machine & I have been able to do very little hand sewing (only 4 leaves on my B&B Applique)....

The cause of this is a nasty case of Bursitis in my right sholder & a possible tendon problem ...I'm not complaining .... in the scheme of things it's not a lot to deal with but it is VERY frustrating !! I have spent a lot of time tidying up my sewing room, having a bit of a clean out so when I am able to sew all will be ready....



So no pics of my projects but I can show you something very special


I have adopted an unwanted Quilt Top....






Can you believe that after all this work my lovely friend Lorraine (no blog) didn't like it !!! it was going in the cupboard!!...
She is currently making another one same design different material ...I have offered to adopt that one as well if it's also un-wanted as it's being made with Kansas Troubles my fav of all time ...
So I'm off to Blog hop saving up ideas for when I can sew ....Hopefully very soon...



Have a lovely weekend & Happy sewing...

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I would adopt that quilt in a flash too.........gorgeous..........

hope your able to get lots of sewing done very soon.........

Shay said...

I hope you feel better soon Claire. Im not getting much sewing done either - but thats because I cant stay awake.

I love your adopted quilt top and Im sure it will be a thing of even more beauty when you're done with it.

Lorraine said...

Nice adopted quilt! I must go thru my "never to be finished" pile and see if anyone wants to adopt anything.....although I have to say there isn't anything in there that would rival that starry number you have! Sorry to hear you haven't been able to sew....are you off work as well?? Hope you are back in the sewing room (sewing) soon.....Hugs...L

Jeanette said...

I'd have adopted the quilt too. So lucky. I'm wanting to make that quilt but have misplaced the pattern. :( I'm with you on the shoulder. Have just had a cortisone shot for bursitis in the right shoulder. Happy Stitching,

wow account for sale said...

WoW! that was really wonderful quilt.