Monday, December 12, 2011

SSCS

Was so excited last week when I arrived home from work to find a parcel on the table......as soon as I saw the post mark - the Isle of Man - I knew that it was from Loulee...




I was allowed to open 2 of the parcels one had these 2 beautiful baubles and also this fantastic wall hanging





So the other parcels are waiting to go under the tree ( when I put it up) to be opened on Xmas day ....when I get back from work...yes working Xmas day I actually volunteered as we do nothing on that day ...Boxing day is our busy day and the other lady who was meant to be working wanted to spend the day with her granddaughter....


Things have been very busy here as I have finally had my new kitchen installed I have been waiting for years !! the pic below is what I have been living with...... it is the original kitchen from when the house was built in the early 70's and for the last 12 years I had only half of it..





In this pic you can see in the corner the wallpaper we "inherited" when we brought the house...yes it was stunning especially combined with the dark green cabinets and the mustard tops ....





So quite a few thousand dollars later we now have this .....





We blocked in both the windows which allowed me to move the fridge to the other wall & the oven/hob to the end wall which gave me all the bench space on the side wall ....
I love love love my new kitchen and am still surprised when I walk in the door and see it.....I don't even mind cleaning it LOL at least it looks clean not like the old one which never did no matter how much I tried...

4 comments:

loulee said...

Wow! Flash new kitchen.
Glad you like your ornaments.

Chookyblue...... said...

a lovely ornament and stitchery from Loulee.......the only blogger I know from the Isle of Man........lol........
love the new kitchen........enjoy..........mine is from the 50's.......lovely grey marbly laminate with the metal edge.......

Nays Place said...

Looking good Claire - just wondering has the kitchen been christened yet....and I mean with a sewing beee....hope your happy with the finished result and it sooooooo much nicer than what you had

toryburchshoesbags said...

Running sneakers are the very lightweight footwear to assure Asics Onitsuka Tiger Shoesyou a very tireless and comfortable walk. These sneakers offer you excellent cushioning and provide you mid-foot support.Beats By Dr. Dre Headphones Its lightweight upper provide you breezy comfort. Carbon rubber outsole featured in these sneakers offers you exceptional traction.