Friday, January 27, 2012

Favourite Things Friday

So another week over & here we are again Friday!! Like the redoutable Mrs Pajamas I am still on holidays but back on monday for me ....I did manage to get 3 blocks of my Farmers Wife quilt done ...well you could say 5 'cos I had to completely redo blocks 1&2 as they were not the right size..lesson learned on how to not hold the pencil when drawing around the templates & yes a little bit out does make a difference over small pieces !!!.....but am very happy with them so far....as you can tell I started out with some of the easier blocks the next I am working on has teeny triangles !! so far so good....














Had a lovely Farmers Wife get-together with Mrs P & Granny Loz....so much yakking & eating & sewing that I forgot to take any pics!!

I had great plans of how much sewing I was going to get done but "best laid plans " etc etc...shoulder pain held me up a bit but I did manage to get the binding sewn down on the baby quilt from last fridays post also finished off a table topper but will keep that pic for next week incase I don't get anything done !!! (although if you look at the last pic you will get a sneaky preview )
I have throughly enjoyed the Tennis will be sad when it's over .....
..
Well I'mm off to enjoy what's left of my hols Hoping everyone has a great weekend 7 Happy stitching

17 comments:

thea said...

Nice blocks. Love the bowtie.

Helsie said...

You've been very productive, the blocks look great. I know what you mean about small amounts leading to bigger mistakes!!!
Cheers

Kris said...

So glad you are enjoying those hols. Makes me feel all Enid Blytonish when I say that! Gosh I loved to read those books with all the Englishisms in them! I'm off to have an ice lolly! (Oh. And those blocks are awesome!)

Amanda said...

I don't need to commit to another project like farmers wife. At least if you are meeting up with the girls they will all egg you one. Love the blocks so far.

Lorraine said...

had better get a wriggle on with my blocks....have only made two....just a few more to go! Glad you are enjoying your hols....I took today off to "rest" after yesterday's effort...LOL back to work on Monday to catch up on all the stuff I put on hold while I was organising the Australia Day event....have a great weekend!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful blocks....nothing like stitching with friends. Enjiy the rest of your holiday.

Kate said...

Very nice blocks. I hate template sewing, so I avoid it whenever possible for the very reason you noted.

ThreeOldKeys said...

sweet blocks -- it's so satisfying to piece sometimes ... especially when you don't have deadlines.

Kath said...

Ah I have seen this quilt elsewhere, I think it was on Valentina's blog.
I am looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Nice blocks. Sorry you had to learn the hard way about the templates but at least it was early in the porject so you still have a lot of motivation to keep moving forward.

Suzanne said...

Such sweet small blocks. Love them all.

Nanci said...

Very productive week I would say. What with the weather and all, it's good to get something done.
Here we watch football which is the great American passtime. So, tennis would be so much better.

Leanne said...

I find it hard to believe the 3 of you talked a lot when you got together. Your blocks are looking great.

Shay said...

I was watching all of you stitching away last weekend and thinking "These people really know what they're doing " ....

Your blocks look fabulous (I really must start mine !)

Laughing at Leanne's comment. I hardly talked at all!

And dont mention the W word. I'm trying not to think about it!

Cindy said...

Yeah...that darn measuring and pencil stuff can get you every time,can't it? You're blocks are great!

toryburchshoesbags said...

anvas sneakers are mostly preferred by all as this footwear is casual Franklin Marshall as well as most comfortable. Extra cushioning, ventilation and sidewall foxing provide you supple as well as secure feel. Abercrombie Fitch OutletA few of the canvas sneakers are completely designed with vegan materials that are ideal in "No sweat" comfort. Asics Onitsuka Tiger Shoes Specialty of sneaker Hogan Shoes Online
Relax your tired feet with cool canvas sneakers. made

Body Armour said...

I was searching the net looking for some cool stuff and stumbled across your site. I wanted to tell you that I think your site has a nice layout like
Body Armour and design and that I have already bookmarked this page so I don't lose it good work!