Friday, February 3, 2012

Favourite Things Friday...

Hi everyone I've made it back for this weeks fTF...was a close thing as the main modem decided that it had lived long enough this week & fell off the twig...

I decided this weeks theme (oh how posh) is Tradition & how to start one..
As most of you "oldie readers" will know my baby daughter is having her own baby ...for new readers its ok My "Baby" is 24 & amazingly enough for a radical thinking,metal listening,tattooist is ...*gasp shock horror* married ..LOL..so this week I got out the shawl that my mother knitted for me when I was pregnant with Whitney, it has washed up beautifully ...I packed it into a box along with her pram blanket that was also used for her sister & 4 of my mums Great grandchildren since & it is on it's way to the depths of Wales to wrap the latest generation in ...I am hoping that when it is finished being used for her children it will be packed away for her Grandchildren ...How lovely would that be ...Imagine the next 4 or 5 generations being wrapped in Nanny Joyces knitting it would make her so proud...





Also tucked in the box a little quilt for his cot ...retro colours for his retro loving mumma....it was hard to get a true colour pic as the yellow is really more of a mustard...




& lastly the latest member to arrive at my house a truely gorgeous birthday present from one of my Quilting Buddies, Lorraine..every year she does what she calls her "Footy Quilt" done whilst watching her various children (she has 4) doing their Football & Netball..this appliqued heart quilt was a surprise to us all when the blocks appeared at our Weekend Away ...Lorraine doesnt "do" blue ...but on my birthday she said "when I have finished quilting it, it's yours"....so it arrived with her today ..It went straight onto the bed





So that's my lot today I'm off to Mrs Pajamas site to check out all the other FTF participents blogs to see what they have picked ...go on over yourselves & check it out
Have a great week everyone Happy Stitching xxx

12 comments:

Kate said...

What a great tradition to share. Beautiful shaw and a very cute retro quilt.

Happy birthday. What a great birthday present, it's lovely. Looks right at home on your bed.

Katie said...

awesome! beautiful quilts!

ANudge said...

Love that retro colored quilt. Whitney's going to love it. And what a wonderful birthday present!
Now that's the way to have a birthday.

Shay said...

I love the idea of multiple generations using the same blanket. Miss P had one that my grandmother made that I gifted to Little P as well.

Your quilt offering is going to be dragged around and completely loved too.

Lorraine's Footy quilt looks fantastic. I bet you were thrilled!

(oh and Go me ..I finally started my FW blocks yesterday !)

Suzanne said...

Oh, how I love family traditions. The knit pram throw is truly gorgeous. The quilts are lovely also.

Amanda said...

Can't believe it left a comment and it didn't work will try and remember what I said. Lovely quilt from Lorraine. I ahve kept all the dresses I made my daughter to keep and my mum had a box of baby stuff most of which we used with my kids. Great FTF.

Michelle said...

First off, congrats on your impending Grandma-hood! That knitted shawl is just gorgeous, and the quilt delightful. Lucky daughter, and lucky grandbaby, I'd say!

Oh, and lucky you too! The heart quilt is simply wonderful.

Marg said...

The knitted shawl is beautiful, it would be wonderful if it stays in the family and being wrapped around successive generations of babies.

Love both the quilts.

Dianne Neale said...

Hi, just arrived from Shay's. Lovely to see you little package for your daughter, and I love the heart quilt.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

That is a lovely tradition. I am a sentimentalist at heart so I loved that you are sending on the beautiful shawl, I'm sure your daughter will be using it for years to come :-)

byron bay wedding venues said...

A blog is a great way in which a wedding photographer can market her services. This article offers tips on how to effectively blog so as to bring in increased wedding business. At the wedding get the name and email address of the other wedding vendors servicing the wedding.

112755464258067273528 said...

Your website is fantastic! I just can’t stop reading this. It’s so fresh, so filled with updates that I just didn’t know.