Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Works in progress ...


But first I was a very, very happy little Quilter this week when a parcel arrived on my doorstep, a very eagerly awaited parcel with the new book by the wonderfully talented ,very funny Kim Diehl....as all her books are this one is full of projects that you just want to start straight away...


although to my great delight, due to Kims project in Australian Homespun last year ( or maybe even the year before) !! I find that I actually have the top to one finished just waiting for me to be able to quilt it...

GATHERING GARDEN



Yes I do have somethings on the go !! as most Quilters do ...

So on my wall this week are some Sisters Choice blocks made from the gorgeous  Lily and Will line from Bunny Hill ....gorgeous colours and patterns ....thinking this will look pretty special when done



I also purchased a jelly roll of  1862 Battle Hymn by Barbara Brackman and am making these lovely little Shoo-Fly blocks, they are 5 inch finished, Love the Civil War fabrics....



I am joining MayBritt and Hanne on their Tour de Fabric, they watch the Tour de France and use this time to finish or get a lot done on selected projects, I am going to sort out what I want to do and will he post these on Saturday the first day of the Tour.
Although I have said that I don't get to watch the Tour as it's mainly on during the night here ( plus I'm not a great fan ) so I might call mine the Tour de Wimbeldon and watch the tennis instead :)
If you are interested in joining us head on over to either or both Blogs and let the ladies know there is no pressure so should be a lot of fun...










2 comments:

Shay said...

Love the shoo fly blocks Claire!

Umme Yusuf said...

What lovely blocks. Maybe I will give quilting another try some day.