Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Better Late than Never !!!

So I am currently sitting at home recuperating from my sholder operation no sewing just yet....
The problem with that being I am looking at books & magazines & blog hopping seeing SOOOO many quilts that I want to make my to-do list is getting bigger every day!!

I sent away for some cards from the very talented Lili Popo




When they arrived I decided that they were really too nice to use so I got a frame & now have them hanging in my sewing room


Think they look so pretty like this

When we started to decorate the dining room my Quilt hanger was taken down & I have decided not to hang it back there.
So it is now in my sewing room & I have a design wall.
Currently hanging there is my newest project

GRANNY SQUARES


I have joined the Flikr group although I am a bit behind everyone else
really enjoying doing these
am using up all the left over squares cut for my Berries & Bluebirds

Lastly I started this cushion cover just before the op it just needs a back
& it can go to its new owner


So hope to have some new sewing news next post
 just off to find some more projects for my to do list

7 comments:

Umme Yusuf said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! You have some lovely squares lined up.

Lorraine said...

Love making granny squares......hope you can start on that 'to do' list soon!

Berglind Snæland said...

Hang in there Claire (not on the quilt hanger though... must take care of your shoulder!!) - love the card idea :)

Chookyblue...... said...

hope your shoulder heals well and you can return to sewing soon.........

Shay said...

Well if you're thinking of sewing projects it sounds like the recovery is progressing nicely!

Ann said...

I really love your granny squares, you have given me a great idea to use up scraps. Congratulations on your adorable grandson, he certainly looks an image of your daughter as a baby. All the best with your shoulder, each day should be easier. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Kind regards, Ann

Annik-Snor said...

Your granny squares look vey nice. Hope your shoulder recovers soon. have a nice weekend