Monday, July 15, 2013

Yes I am still here.

Although you probably wouldn't think so as it's been ages since I posted. No excuse I had some personal reasons for taking a break but have decided to get over it. I have no control over who reads this blog so it's either accept that someone you don't want to read it, can or give it up and as I'm not ready for that I'm back .


So first up some finishes achieved recently

A Snowball Quilt made with Kansas Troubles Fabric and all hand quilted.


 
 
 
This Quilt was made for a recent arrival the gorgeous Sienna Grace
The cream fabric has the Three Little Pigs on it, so cute.
This was machine pieced and quilted.
 
 
A wall hanging pattern by Kim Diehl
Pattern in her book Simple Traditions
 
 
These blocks are my Sugar Block Club blocks so far for this year
I have July's cut out and waiting to go
Some have been quite challenging as I am not a fan of paper piecing
I am always very happy when the block of the month doesn't contain any.
 
 
I am, very slowly, making some small granny squares
and crocheting them together in nine patches
always a Quilter even when crocheting.
 
 
The Quilty girls & I had a smashing weekend away in June
a couple of us took our machines with us and I took
the chance to make a Log Cabin top.
This is a pattern I have always wanted to do since
I started patchwork but never seemed to get around to it
I have more material and will make more blocks
.
 
 
I have joined in with Hanne
( and lots of crafters around the World)
for the Annual Tour de Fabric
Hoping to finish off a few items including the latest
Baby Quilt
Well it's nice to be back
Hope to get some Blog reading done myself

12 comments:

loulee said...

Hey there, missed you. Good to see you back.
Thanks for sharing all your finishes and progress.
Take care.

Leanne said...

Good to see you back, and so many projects.

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased to see you back online...it is a little odd when someone reads your blog that you wished hadn't found it.........

May Britt said...

We have missed you in blogland. Welcome back.
You have done a lot. Love the snowballquilt. But take a look at the log cabin quilt. Have you sewn it together. Looks like you have turn one block in the upper right corner the wrong way. Or is it ment to be like this :)

Mary Truax said...

New to your blog, Claire. Popped in after reading your post on Hanne's Tour page. Keep on keeping on, Claire. Don't blog myself, but do alot of lurking. I appreciate you blogger gals and enjoy the kinship we crafty types share. Will be back to visit.

Annik-Snor said...

Good to have you back. You have made many beautiful quilts.

Shay said...

Loving the snowball quilt - its totally your style.

Glad to see you back!

Hanne said...

So good to see you back blogging Claire :-)
Your work is lovely, as always, and I am looking forward to see more!

OzRose said...

Yayo!

Lorraine said...

Love your finishes and works-in-progress....lovely to see you back in blogland!

Berglind said...

So nice to read your blog again! Beautiful work, I love Kim Diehl's books. So fun crocheting grannies - take care, best regards from Reykjavík ;)

katsbouquets said...

Now that quick n easy