Monday, November 18, 2013

Wow Has it been that long !!!!

 
 
 
Apparently it must of been. 
Time seemed to of gone very quickly these past few months.
I have been quite busy in the sewing room
We were blessed with a new member of the family
another Great Niece 
Freya
So of course a new quilt was needed
 
 
 
I used some Michael Miller fabrics & stitcheries from
Nice People Nice Things by Hugs with Helen
 
 The Quilty girls & I had another lovely weekend in Carrickalinga
I took my machine again but this time didn't make anything new
instead finishing off some ufo's.
First off the block were the blocks I made on our last trip
really pleased with how this has turned out, a brown border
waits to be put on to finish it off.
 

 

Next some Bow Tie blocks made with left over fabric from my
Shoo-Fly blocks again waiting for a border.
It will only be a table topper but is so super sweet.
 

 
And finally the Shoo-Fly top.
I really, really love this.
 I have a few plain blocks to cut to finish off one side
then I am thinking of an appliqued border.
I have been trawling through my Kim Diehl
books deciding on which one to do & enjoying
myself greatly doing so.
 
 
 
I treated myself to some new furniture in my sewing room
good old Ikea.
It has made the room look much brighter & I am very happy
working in there.
 

 
This is the newest fabric I am working with at the moment
Michael Miller again
Zoology
This one is for another new family member
cousin this time. 
 


 
Well I think that brings me up to date with the sewing so far
I hope not to be away quite so long.
 
Until next time 
 
Happy Stitching
 
QUILTYGAL

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow...the new furniture has made such a difference to your sewing room!!! Looks fantastic. Love your finishes....always a great feeling to finish off some of those UFOs. Looking forward to catching up on the weekend :)

Shay said...

Your new sewing room is AMAZING! I love it.

You've been crazy busy finishing off projects - love the colours in the baby quilt.

Leanne said...

Well done on the finishes and your sewing room looks very nice.

Berglind said...

Oohh! A blog post, yes!!

You've done a great ufo work! :)

love your bright sewing room (mine is a mess)

The bright quilt you're working on is so pretty, there will be a lucky owner!

Nice to see you in blogland,
Take care :)

Brook said...

beautiful